Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Days {9-10}


Tuesday - June 12th

I feel as if my days are starting to sound a little monotonous. I woke up, had breakfast, went to preschool. We made tiger puppets out of brown lunch bags - they actually turned out really cute! After that, I took my break. I've realized that I love my break time more and more every day. Especially this week, because more than half of our volunteers are gone for a safari until Thursday - so there's only 4 of us running around with the kids. Well, 2 technically, because Emily and Lauren are with the babies. I had an outing today! Falkner took Brian, and I took sweet Henry. We took them to The Source (where I had dinner last weekend). Henry had a scone the size of his face! But he loved it! We took boda's there, I think the boda ride is what Henry loved more than anything. When we got back, all he kept telling the other boys was the fact that he rode on one this afternoon.

                                       
(@ The Source - Henry)

When we got back, it was about time to feed the kids and get them in bed. But before that, I managed to take this:

 
(@ Amani - Boys B and Boys C)

Once all of the kids were in bed, a few of us went to get Rolex again for dinner. Almost as soon as I got home I was ready to sleep. But, I ended up skyping with Jeremy for a little bit. Last night was the first night I've cried since I've been here. It wasn't even about anything specific, I just have an overwhelming load of feelings. I haven't really processed anything since I've been here. To be honest, I haven't really missed home since I've been here. I think I've just been so busy, and haven't really wanted to dwell on the people or places I left behind at home.

Wednesday - June 13th

This morning was a little rough. I just felt really emotional today, and truthfully didn't really want to do anything for a while. Preschool was fun though, we made Noah's Ark with paper plates. They were actually super cute! I ended up going to the children's clinic with Lauren, Becky, Mama Lois, and 3 Amani children. It was like any other free clinic, except we were the only 3 white girls there. Lauren and I were discussing this, and we feel like we're stared at either out of fascination, or because they'd rather us not be there. However, the children don't seem to mind us being there. I can always count on the Jinja children to give small smiles when I flash them mine. There were pigeons hanging out inside the clinic, because it wasn't really a closed off building - it was somewhat open. But, going back to being like any free clinic, we were waiting.. waiting for a very long time. The babies got weighed and measured and then we were on our way. We got back just in time for lunch - rice and beans. After lunch I decided to step outside for a couple of hours to catch up on my Bible reading. I absolutely loved sitting outside in the sun soaking up the word of God as well. This is something I plan on doing more often. I feel I need to come home with a fabulous tan - otherwise no one will believe me when I say that I've been in Africa for the last 2 and a half months! It's slowly coming around. Unfortunately, I'll have a farmers tan on my arms and legs, seeing as the majority of my skirts go down to my ankles. After I finished reading my Bible, I came in and read the last few days of my devotional as well. Then it was play time. The longest playtime of my life. The mama's kept the kids out there longer than normal, so Becky and I were getting impatient due to the fact that they still needed to eat, bathe, and get ready for bed. Finally, they were all in bed - so I read them a story. They were really good for the most part, which was both surprising and a relief - a mama had stayed in there with me though to help me out, thank the Lord. Becky made pasta for dinner, that was really nice change. I'm super thankful she made it, it was delicious! Now that I'm all finished blogging, I have to go downstairs to the preschool and hang up their work they made today. I was sidetracked by going to the clinic today, and only just remembered when I wrote about it earlier. The only photo I took today was the one on Instagram from the clinic:

                                      
(@ Children's Clinic)

Have a good night everyone, please pray that God continues to give me strength and comfort everyday! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment