Monday, June 25, 2012

Day {22}

Monday - June 25th

I did not want to wake up this morning, however, I never want to wake up in the morning. The kitchen table was completely full, seeing as Sandra took the liberty of making everyone french toast. Preschool went really well, thankfully. Tina was back, but just for today.. she will be back on Wednesday apparently though. After class, I finally finished my blog for this past weekend. During the first playtime today we sat outside on the porch and played with blocks. I have no idea why they restricted the children to the porch, but I did not enjoy it. Then, after lunch 5 of us went into town. I finally managed to snap a photo of me on a boda:

(@ Jinja - Boda Boda)

In town, I did some grocery shopping.. Uganda has terrible food in the stores. As much as I hate grocery shopping, I can't wait to go in Wisconsin. Other than that, I just kind of followed other around - I didn't have very many errands to run. But, it was Megan's last day today! So, I wanted to just go hang out with her. After 4.00pm playtime, and after we got the boys in bed, we all started getting ready to go out for Megan's last night. We went to Skewers again, which was delicious, again.

(@ Skewers - Megan and I)

Megan spilled my soda all over, hah, all because she was excited for some skittles. Her and I were the only ones to boda home - her last boda. But, my butt was NOT on the back of the boda, so every bump that we went over hurt so bad. Megan and I were laughing so hard the entire time. Then when we got back to the compound, the dogs came running up to us - which scared Megan, which naturally scared me. What an eventful night. And just now, Megan and I tried collecting red dirt for us to bring home, however, it rained this afternoon. So really.. we were outside collecting mud - needless to say, it didn't work so well. We decided that I'm just going to mail her a bottle of red dirt, along with a necklace she really wants. But, on the way in to the house, I spotted a mouse, except I feel it was the size of our rats. Mum tends to question my sizing of things, she thinks I over exaggerate, or she just takes my interpretations to literally - who knows. But it was big. Now I'm here, finishing my blog again at midnight. Becky and I are waking up at 3.45am to see Megan off. I'm really sad she's leaving.. her and I clicked right away. But overall, I'm very blessed I had the chance to meet her. She's a beautiful person, and so much fun to be around! I shall see her again though, as I mentioned in my previous blog I believe. Anyway, goodnight everyone. I hope you're all doing well! I'm down to 58 days left in Uganda. I can't believe that I've already been here for 3 weeks, the time is flying by! Night! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment