Monday, June 11, 2012

Day {8}


Monday - June 11th

I'm not going to lie to you all, I'm very exhausted - so this may not be a long post. This morning after preschool all of the volunteers headed over to the new Amani Baby Cottage location that's currently under construction. It looks absolutely beautiful! I would more than love to come back and see it when it's finished, just in case it's not by the time I leave here. Anyway, us volunteers were doing a variety of things from sanding the walls, pulling up concrete, sweeping, to laying down tile. We were all very busy, but were more than happy to help in any way possible. We came back to the compound for lunch - which was fried chicken. I'm not a fan of eating meat off the bone.. but I tried it, then gave the rest to Lauren. The time spent after lunch was very chill. I managed to skype Liz who's all the way in New Zealand! I absolutely can't wait to see her when I get home! But I had to get back to work at 4.00pm. Today was "Dress Up" day for the children, so most of them were wearing crazy costumes, running all over the place (: Once the kids were in bed, the volunteers headed out to The Keep - where we had milkshakes the other night - for Faulkner's going away dinner; she leaves on Wednesday. I played it safe and got spaghetti, it was "interesting". Becky told me tonight that I say everything that I've tried in Uganda is "interesting"! But yes, I'm finally home and showered, and more than ready for bed. Wishing the internet would work on my phone though to say goodnight! Here's a few photos of the kids today:
 

 
(@ Amani - Justine)

(@ Amani - Sande)

 
(@ Amani - Henry dressed as Woody)

 
(@ Amani - Frank as Spiderman)

No comments:

Post a Comment