Friday, June 15, 2012

Day {12}

Friday - June 15th

I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. Not enjoyable - and it hasn't gone away yet. However, I also woke up this morning not wanting to wake up at all. Thank the good Lord it's Friday, for real. I never mentioned this in yesterday's blog, but, there were 3 geckos in our room last night. One in our main room, and two in our bathroom. I showered with one last night, I noticed a tail behind a shampoo bottle, then when I looked back there was a face. Not gonna lie - it kind of caught me off guard. Then when I was in there changing, I saw the other one above the sink! That one was stinking huge compared to the others. I'm not really afraid of them, but I've never had to share a room with geckos, so I was a little frightened thinking it may jump on me! Here's a photo of one we found earlier this week, they're kind of cute - I just don't want it on me: 

(@ Amani - Gecko #1)

Today I was kind of having an emotional day. I don't want to say that I'm homesick - but the reality of me being here for two and a half months is finally starting to sink in. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely loving every minute I spend here, but at the same time, that just means I'm not spending any of my time with loved ones at home. But, Jeremy reminded me today, that that's one of the sacrifices I was willing to make this summer. I need to just keep reminding myself that I'm here to have a servant's heart, and it's not necessarily fair to the children for me to be missing everything at home when they're one of the reasons why I'm here in the first place. I feel like I've been asking for prayer a lot lately, but that's all I have to rely on right now. And those of you that are keeping me in your prayers I appreciate it more than I'll be able to express. There's a few specific things that are difficult for me right now, but God knows my heart, and I hope that you would just incorporate that into your prayers tonight. Thank you! Playtime this afternoon was fun - I was a feeling a little tired from my nap, so I'm thankful there were visitors to keep the children occupied! But they played with bikes today, so basically they were content all on their own. Looking at pictures of the kids never fails in bringing a smile to my face:

 
(@ Amani - Desire)

(@ Amani - Eric)

(@ Amani - Henry)

(@ Amani - Enok)

I need to make something small to eat -I'm so hungry. But, I think I'm going to turn in early and just read my Bible. Thank you everyone who takes the time out of your day to read my blog - it means so much to me! (: Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment