Thursday, August 16, 2012

Days {68-70}

Monday - August 13th

Well, today is the first day of my final full week in Uganda. Megan left early this morning, which means there's only 3 of us left. It's really crazy to think that there was about 11 of us two weeks ago! But seeing as Becky and I are the only ones left downstairs, our new schedule is finally in effect. I taught preschool today - and man, those kids are crazy some days. I don't understand what determines their good and bad days. I spent a little time with the babies today for the first time in a while during break:


(@ Amani - Judah)


(@ Amani - Hope)


(@ Amani - Hope)


(@ Amani - Hope)

(@ Amani - Our beautiful babies)
Anyway, Becky and I chose not to go on an outing today because she misses Dress-Up Day every week. She finally was able to be there for it:


(@ Amani - Joseph)


(@ Amani - Wycliff)


(@ Amani - Enoch)


(@ Amani - Matthew)


(@ Amani - Edwin)


(@ Amani - Joseph)
Tuesday - August 14th

This morning Sandra, Lauren, Becky, and I went to work at the new Amani work site. Us three haven't been there since June - there's been so much work done, it looks awesome! Here's a few photos of what's going on there:


(@ Amani Work Site - Becky, Lauren, Sandra, and I)


(@ Amani Work Site - Playroom for the kids)


(@ Amani Work Site - Where they will ride their bikes)


(@ Amani Work Site - Overflow room)


(@ Amani Work Site - Girls room)


(@ Amani Work Site - Boys room)


(@ Amani Work Site - The new Amani Baby Cottage)


(@ Amani Work Site - "You are most welcome.")
I'm so excited for my next trip to Uganda, so that I'm able to see the new Amani all finished, and furnished with smiling and giggling children. I love knowing that I helped Amani work on this project, there will always be a little piece of me in the new site. I'm so thankful for all that Amani has taught me during my time in Uganda.

Wednesday - August 15th

I don't remember a lot of what happened today, but there was a lot of loving on the children by the remaining 3 aunties, Lauren has been bringing babies downstairs for us to play with during afternoon playtime:


(@ Amani - Philip)


(@ Amani - Jackie)


(@ Amani - Lauren and Sande)


(@ Amani - Moses)


(@ Amani - Jackie and myself)


(@ Amani - Josephine and Becky)
So far this week, we've seen 3 children reunited with their families and one has been placed in a loving Ugandan home. The Lord has great plans for these children, and I'm so happy to have been a small part of their lives. I know for a fact that I'll never forget them. Seeing one of my boys go home was so incredibly hard, however, it was such a happy moment knowing that he was going home to a family who will love him and raise him to be the strong man of God he's meant to be. I've never loved so willingly, or as passionately as I love these children. And whenever I think about it, it blows my mind knowing that they've taught me way more than I could ever teach them. Sure, I teach them a Bible story every week, help them with their numbers and shapes. But they've taught me more about God, and His love. They've also taught me more about being a parent, how to be a better friend, how to appreciate everything that's handed to me. These definitely aren't textbook lessons - and I'm so appreciative to have such wonderful little teachers, and a loving God that helped to open my eyes and heart to what He needed me to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment